My mother and I are so inconsistent at times. At the same time we're very consistent. A bit (quoting a friend) "Gilmore Girl"-style. I suppose there's a point in that. We're super close, we're the only two people who establish our family. Well okay, we've got relatives and such who are family too but I suppose my point is still quite clear...
What I love about my mom is our conversations. And where and when we have them. Last year, slightly after my birthday and when I was chanting nervously about future plans in despair, we sat for three hours in our hallway and talked. She sat on a low table while I sat down on the floor against the wall. We sat there and just talked and talked without thinking about time or considering sitting in the living room. I think we spoke til 2am that night.
Friday night, after the All English Society party, I came home and found my mother asleep. And (I just noticed how rude I was) I woke her up to let her know that I was at home. What was supposed to be a 5 minute update ended up being a two hour conversation about parties, boys, student unions, university, work, you name it. She was lying in bed and I sat on the floor next to her bedside table.
Point is, I love my long talks with my mother. They're not always good. Usually there's a lot of arguments, boy you should hear them! We're not always on the same page.
However, we have more talks that are nice and bonding than we have bad argumentative ones.

