First off, before I forget! A little bit of advice:
Since I work at a convenience store and I work the closing hours, I must say to those who enter a convenience store as a customer:
do not expect to ever come into a shop 3 minutes before it closes to do a big grocery shopping which passes 10 minutes past the original closing time, and think that it is okay.
I had to deal with a woman who did that today. When it was 10 past nine and I was about to miss my bus, I couldn't take it any longer! I don't even get paid for working past nine so I'd love to get home so that I can study for the possible test next week which is based on 250 pages in german. (Did I mention that our teacher decided to tell us about the possible test two days ago???) Either way, as I approach her and tell her in my most kind voice Excuse me, but we've closed the store for 10 minutes ago and we have to hurry and alarm the shop. Is there anything you're looking for? The woman passes me by without even looking at me shopping continually in her calm pace. Then after a couple of meters, she turns and says I think I'm satisfied now. Right...
Last weekend was a lot of fun! A lot tiring too. It started off with me meeting one of the three exchange students I'm taking care of. First up was Jens from Germany whom I had lunch with at Vapiano. Apparently Vapiano was established by his former classmate, and here I walk the earth thinking that it's Swedish none the least! I'm slightly surprised... Either way, I was somewhat intimidated by Jens. He's only two years older but seems to already have gotten so many things done. He studies business law (something which interested me greatly, i like economics and law too - FYI!) so he told me a bit about that. Also, Jens apparently started his own business when he was only 13 years old - impressive! And it's still running! He even knows more about Sweden than I do, he asked me a question which I answered wrong... kind of embarrassing I tell you! Either way, it was fun to meet someone from Germany - especially since I'm trying to learn their lingo at the moment.
After the encounter, I headed off to Louise's place to get ready for the dinner at Gula Villan at our campus. It was quite fun, a three course dinner, a good time to meet new people, I was seated amongst people who had some sort of association to Germany. And that's how I met Helen! Another exchange student from Germany, she was very funny and we talked about tons of stuff (mostly Germany) through the night. I introduced her to Louise and we were both invited to her birthday party on monday at Lappis. I bet it'll be great fun, all I have to do is figure out what to wear... Oh, the thing with her party; we have to dress up, and I mean dress up as in costumes! I'm still spawning on ideas of what to be... I heard that someone was going to be dressed out as the Statue of Liberty, haha!
Tomorrow I'm off to meet exchange student no. 2; Rebecca from Korea. It's always a bit exciting meeting someone for the first time and it's always weird when you haven't met in person first.
SO! Lately I must admit that I've been very drawn to rap/r'n'b music, a genre I used to dislike before. But now that I'm out of my classical music bubble - I've missed a lot of good songs! Where have I been!? Although I still can't stand Eminem, don't think that will ever change. I've started to pick the radio over my iPod and I've started to pick the Voice or NRJ which play similar songs over and over again. Like that song by Chris Brown(?) that goes like with you, with you, with you, with you, with youuu - it's so good! It's so cute too! Especially the video with his dancing!!! (Eik! I get a bit girly and giddy when I hear the song! I'm listening to it right now...) Now that's definitely not what I would've said for 2 years ago or let alone one year ago!
What else is there to mention? Oh yeah! I was at work and during my break I spotted my longtime favorite yoghurt (I love yoghurt!) which used to only be found in a pack of four small yoghurts (I only bought those packs for my one and only favorite flavor and I crammed the others a bit bitterly down my throat). This time it was in a big pack, more expensive than your regular yoghurt but still worth it. So I bought it of course. The flavor is white apricot with white chocolate (mmm, apricots and white chocolate... *drewl*).

