Sonntag, Januar 31, 2010

Mein Wochenende

Friday was good. It all started with school. I was a bit nervous, I had managed to forget to read a couple of pages from our German grammar book. Apparently I'm one of the very few who actually study a lot on my free time. However, German went surprisingly well. We got back our pop-quiz and I got 11,5/12 relying on my memory since I had missed some reading of the specific chapter. I hate seeing the 11,5. The reduction: I missed a n in "zeichne". So annoying knowing that you were half a point away from the full score. Oh well, not much to do about it now.
I've noticed something by the way! Lately, or since I started Uni, I've really been outgoing. I don't want to be the silent and shy one who seems weak and can't be independent. I want to meet new people, befriend them and not depend on others knowledge.


Friday night got a bit late. I joined Louise at the All English Society kick-off party. It was a lot of fun! Oh, the internationality! I liked it a lot, it almost made me want to leave my German course for English I instead. But I have started a new language, I have spent a lot of money for my literature and I shall push through. I like it a lot anyways so I don't have a very valid reason to quit, apart from the fact that the people from English I seem way more outgoing and friendly than those in my class.
The night started a bit stiff but as Louise and I were sitting on the sofas talking, three girls joined us and we all started talking. It was a bit funny when everyone was like "Yeah, I study English I too. I'm in group bla-bla. Which group are you in?" and then I go like "I actually study German." All of a sudden you hear the crickets chirping on a summer night... Haha, not really but it would've been funny! We were later joined by three guys who were previously sitting in the corner. One guy (who didn't study English I either - I wasn't the only one) was studying to become a doctor and the whole night when I saw him, I could only think of Raj from The Big Bang Theory. I left a bit early for work the next day.



Then at 6 am I sleepily force myself to work. The lack of sleep I had! Insanity...
The beautiful thing (which puts a smile on my face) was what greeted me when I walked out into the dark morning. I stepped outside the door and started walking by the fence and looked straight ahead. I saw a big fat blob of orange. It was the moon. It was so pretty, I felt slightly mesmerized. The moon was really a big pizza pie.
After work though, I met up with friends to see Avatar. All this yapping about Avatar. It wasn't as good as they said. But to lessen the blow, it's because I'm no Sci-Fi fan. The 3D-goggles (the ones on the picture beside) made my head ache after a while. 3D isn't that great either. Or else I think you had to sit closer to the screen to really like it and get the full effect. I remember when Ida and I saw Dinosaurs in 3D, we sat quite close so it was quite good. But now I've seen Avatar, so that can be crossed off my list. Not to mention contributed to the non-environmental friendly one-time-only 3D-goggles. Sigh...


Gestern, on my way home I saw the orange moon again. I wonder why it was orange?





Ich muß arbeite. Heute, ich beginne um ein Uhr. Das ist nicht toll...
Ciao!


(You can say Ciao in German. It's more of an Austrian thing though.)