the snow outside!
So today I've been very active and efficient and the clock hasn't even struck noon. I've fixed myself so that I look slightly proper, cleaned the whole flat, done my important phone calls, eaten breakfast and now (after this blog) I'll be practicing for wednesdays recital. Efficient day!
It's funny how snow gets you excited (not supposed to be taken the wrong way, otherwise I'm the only one who - just as usual - can find the double meanings in everything). I'm looking forward to strolling around the snow-covered city with my friend Mathilda doing some of my Christmas shopping. I've figured out that I only have 2 days to do my christmas shopping, and that's today and next week (two days before christmas eve!). I don't even know what to get people and my creativity has completely died out. Although, I do have a good memory so I have remembered some things that people need or have asked for ages ago. I think it'll all be good...
As for myself I have made a little list for my mom. I asked her for things I usually don't ask for. First off (which I really need) is a graphing calculator from TI - I have been eyeing it for a long time! Secondly a pair of jogging shoes since my old ones are worn out. And by getting new ones I just might motivate myself more to actually go out and run. Last time I did that was probably middle of august... Then I did ask for the Grey's Anatomy box season 1-5, he he. Three things, not much I asked for which is nice for a change. I find that the older you get the less materialistic you become!
Later tonight I will be found at KGB for a short while with amazing people. It'll be real cosy walking home through dark and snowy Stockholm.
When there's nowhere else to runIs there room for one more sonOne more sonIf you can't hold onIf you can't hold onHold onI wanna stand up, I wanna let goYou know, you know - no you don't, you don'tI wanna shine on in the hearts of menI want a meaning from the back of my broken handAnother head aches, another heart breaksI'm so much older than I can takeAnd my affection, well it comes and goesI need direction to perfection, no no no noHelp me outYeah, you know you got to help me outYeah, oh don't you put me on the back burnerYou know you got to help me out, yeahAnd when there's nowhere else to runIs there room for one more sonThese changes ain't changing meThe cold-hearted boy I used to be...I got soul but I'm not a soldier
- The Killers

