Although I was working during the day, I had quite a lot of fun. I forced glitter (the type that Saint Lucia's small and fair maidens wear on their heads) on all of my co-workers heads. They probably thought I was mental - skipping around the shop, smiling, tying on glitter, etc. but I could tell that they liked it! So it basically made the short work day more jolly. The customers were more kind than usual, all of them greeting you a Merry Christmas and what not! Nice for a change.
Après ça, I fixed myself for the Christmas party with friends not family. It was a bore! The others in my age (whom I met regularly while growing up) were so different from me. It's a good thing that we're all different and I can be around different people but these were more like "different" people who just got on my nerves. Endless idiotic points and discussions about materialistic problems, the value of their christmas presents, gossip about others (on christmas eve!), and the nagging about not getting the right gift they asked for from their parents/siblings/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc ... Where did they go? The ones I knew while growing up, who had much better things to say than this? To be honest, it was only one of them who got on my nerves - the rest weren't quite the same, although not far from it. We didn't even watch Sagan om Karl-Bertil Jonssons julafton, instead the TV was set on MTV which was airing Tila Tequila A shot at love - maybe not the most appropriate show when everyone is gathered for Christmas...
I desperately wanted to go home and celebrate there as I thought the original plan was... but I just sat there on the same chair the whole night, trying to get through it, talking to the adults instead of the others in my age, ate, smiled, was polite, pulled one or two jokes, took a picture or two, putting on a false facade which I hate. Quite proud that I sucked it up and actually stood out until midnight and I think it was all thanks to the delicious food. It was so good! My favorite apart from the Christmas ham and herrings was probably the duck. The best one I've eaten so far with a refreshing mandarin orange sauce (disgusting at first but eventually it grew on me). Eventually (somewhere close to midnight) my mom said that we were finally leaving and a choir sang "Hallelujah" inside my head. As we got back home we exchanged gifts and watched some Christmas movie that was on. It was cosy and calm, and I think I was successful with the gifts I bought for her.
A little collage of my day; A nice breakfast (cup of tea, sandwiches with cream cheese, ham and tomatoes and also cheese with fig marmalade on top. Although a bit of Christmas ham on Julvörtsbröd would've been better, but since we celebrated at another place...), my traditional viewing of The Nightmare Before Christmas and a favorite (plus christmas present from a dear friend) Howls Moving Castle, clementines, gingerbread cookies, After Eight (yummiest chocolate on earth - I could eat a whole box during a night!) and new books that are added on to my "must read"-pile (I got the Freud book!).
A continued Merry Christmas and a coming Happy New Year!






