Today has come down to the point when I have received my first massive head ache in ages. Tomorrow will be my second exam and another study session for our oral literature exam the following days. Tonight, however, is the game between Sweden and Russia: yes folks, I'm talking about ice hockey world championship. It will be interesting and I seriously hope Sweden can defeat Russia. It would make my night and my so-far-not-the-best day in my life.
Meanwhile, as I am waiting for the game to begin, although I really only want to go to bed, I am reading German newspapers. Old ones only, because buying German newspapers or magazines is so expensive in this expensive country. It is all to prep for my exam tomorrow which you technically cannot prep for. The exam seeks to assess our writing skills and if there has been any improvements at all. The bar is raised and a few mistakes are less likely to be tolerated. To summarize a Swedish text auf Deutsch might seem a piece of cake and a dance on roses, but from my experience it really isn't. So I will be using all of those four hours to my advantage and my Duden Wörterbuch (we are allowed a dictionary but it has to be either a Swedish-Swedish or German-German dictionary). Although a dictionary might seem to be a bit unfair to have and a huge helping hand, it might not once you are prohibited to have one in both languages. We will see how it all goes.
So at the moment, as dinner is slowly getting ready and there is only twenty minutes left till the game begins, I have the German version of "Jolie", Focus, Die Zeit and Fragen & Antworten by my side. Passive learning - it could be the key to everything (when it comes to learning languages).
I'll be going on my gut feeling tomorrow. Wish me luck!

