Montag, Mai 28, 2012

Euphoria

I am so psyched and happy that Loreen won the Eurovision Song Contest this year! That means that we (Stockholm) will be hosting next year. It HAS to be Sthlm, it is (after all) the capital. Malmö and Gothenburg has nothing against us.

I was so pumped once Eurovision started. I usually don't even care about it, but for some reason I knew that I had to watch it this year - and obviously there was a good reason for it. We didn't win the world championship in ice hockey but we won Eurovision. So I'm quite content. Had Russia won Eurovision too - well then there would have been some major issues. And had any other country: only minor issues. Loreen certainly gave our nation Euphoria though. I'm really excited about next year!


During Eurovision my mother and I exchanged interesting comments. I thought I would list them. So here they come:




Bianca's and Mom's Thoughts on Eurovision 2012


Albania
Bjork in disguise or her evil twin? Her looks make one think of a witch or an evil queen (especially the one who wants to kill Snow White). Nickname: The dying Swan.

UK
Please let Humperdinck retire! And don't ever pull that stunt again.

Italy
Amy Winehouse resurrected? Although the singer looks way better than Winehouse ever did. And since Italy never gave Sweden any points, they can definitely forget our potential plan of going to Rome (not that we affect their whole tourism - if only!).

Russia - 
It's like having nine versions of the witch who lured Hansel and Gretel in to her candy cottage on stage. Charming at first sight, but on second thought they have an evil master plan that involves toothless smiles and mysterious buns...


Germany - 
[Bianca] Mom, this was what I was talking about today! He looks like a less hotter version of C.
[Mom] Hmm... No. I think he looks like L when he wore that beanie.
[Bianca] What!? Omg, no! There's no similarity whatsoever.
[Bianca fishing up her cellphone and finding a picture of C] Look! So alike, just not as hot as C.
[Mom] No. I still think that L looks more like him. When he had that beanie on. By the way, C is not hotter than the singer, the singer is better than C.
[Bianca officialy annoyed] No mom. You obviously do not know what you're talking about. You haven't seen C in real life with his beanie on.
[Mom] You obviously won't accept the fact because you got stood up.
[Bianca] ...

Ireland -
[Thoughts from Jenn] It's like Nickolodeon exploded...



There were some very good songs this year. I have even made a Spotify playlist with the ones I like! (Romania, Cyprus, Norway, Italy, Denmark, Germany, Hungary,and for some reason Switzerland.)
One participant who didn't get past semi-finals was Austria. Now, I need to explain that this is a hate-love thing. Just like it is with Disco Pogo. Yet I seem to find enough love as much as hate for this "Atzen Musik" (if that is the correct term to describe Austria's song) and I can't help but have their song stuck in my head... Now get it stuck in yours so I won't have to be alone about it!