Montag, März 19, 2012

First read the book, then see the movie

Gestern, my momma and I watched Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. The movie was good and I can admit that I did shed some tears during some scenes. I guess they had an impact on me, and I am not one to easily cry and shed tears.

Quite often movies that are based on books tend to be pretty bad, however, I was quite pleased with this version of Foer's novel. Not everything was brought with in the movie, for example the letters and the focus Foer puts on the relationship between the grandmother and the grandfather. That is a lovely part of the story as well. I suppose there wasn't enough time (as usual) so that had to be cut out. It's a shame! Because I think many people would've been very interested in their (the grandparent's) relationship.

Without knowing how to proceed, I will just go ahead and recommend reading the book before watching the movie. Unless you don't want the full experience of course...
And here's the bande-annonce: