Montag, Januar 23, 2012

FML - and this time I mean it!

So that feeling we always describe as "the world going under"... Well I'm having it right now.
Here's why:

  1. Last night I met someone! During our encounter I was a bit shocked and shy that I was actually speaking to this person that I was barely paying attention to what he said and wasn't listening well enough. I wasn't even expecting to still be crushing on this person because it's been a bit too long since we met in person and we have both already entered new chapters in our separate lives. After the encounter, I felt worse because talking to him made me like him even more and the fact that we aren't even living in the same area made reality come and slap me in the face. It always has to be complicated doesn't it?
  2. Then after the session I was going to bed, totally excited about the first swim lesson I was gonna have the day after. So I did the usual routine and washed my face, brushed my teeth, etc. Looked in the mirror and remembered that I wanted to wax my upper lip (although there was nothing there) because I suffer from some perfectionist syndrome and I want to be perfect even though I know it is fully impossible and ridiculous because I never feel better when I try - and who am I even doing it for!? No one who can appreciate it! Well faith came and slapped me in the face again, because apparently my skin was a bit too dry so the wax caught a hold of approximately 1,5cm of skin on both sides and ripped it with the almost-non-existing hair... Hello mustache made out of flesh and all pink, sore and raw. It looks like I have a pink Clark Gable mustache! (For those who don't know what a his mustache looks like check out this site and you'll see what I mean.)
  3. So because of the raw skin I can't even go swimming because the chlorine probably will infect it and it will hurt like hell. I don't need it to get any redder than it already is! Or prolong it's healing process...
  4. I went to the pharmacy to try and find some miracle cream. I didn't have much time as I needed to study before this only class I have for today. So I ran to the first pharmacist I saw and asked for help. Her expression... "Oh, that's pretty bad!" Thanks. Like I wasn't aware of that already... She gave me a cream called Hyderm and apparently it should all be fixed and gone in a couple of days - so I'm hoping latest Thursday night. Anyways, I go home and read the "directions for use" AFTER I dabbed the damn cream on my wounds and there it was: not to be used on open wounds. WTF?!
  5. After I finally calmed down and before leaving for uni, I decided to check things out at the student portal. Only to see (15mins before I really have to leave) that we had homework for our first class and it's some three paged thingy on Barnen i Bullerbyn. That was it... I unpacked my bag took off my shoes and signed in to the blog and I shared my first shit day of 2012.

I think it's fair to now say: FML!