Sonntag, Oktober 03, 2010

To show that you care:






What you see above is a demonstration that will take place tomorrow in Stockholm. The picture is not mine, it is taken from the Facebook event (I hope that this was okay!) that I am planning on attending. Well I hope that I can attend, but I am not sure if I will make it due to my campaign. And the translation for the events title is: "Who was it that fucking voted!? Manifestation against racism!"

Basically we are demonstrating about the extreme rights getting seats in our parliament, so when you see the "Who was it that fucking voted!?" it's referring to "Who voted on the extreme right!?" not "who-had-the-energy-to-even-go-and-vote". However, that was probably understandable!
The votes really were shocking yet expected. Sweden has become more xenophobic than it previously has been. That more than 4% (as I've heard) has voted for the political party "Sverigedemokraterna" is disgusting! Therefore, all partakers of this event will march together to demonstrate.

P.S. If you press on the title above the image you'll be directed to the event on Facebook!