Montag, Oktober 04, 2010

International Children's Day!

As the title states, you know the topic of my self-discussion for tonight! But also, for what it's worth, it is the Cinnamon Bun's Day too. Shocking that more people seemed to care more about that than children... (This can be largely and irritably discussed by me.)


Anyway, me and some other girls who volunteered did a campaign that turned out to be very successful! However, at morning I was worried because no one had texted me or said anything about showing up. Then one of them cancels; the one I was supposed to have by my side for the last three hours! And no way, that I'm confident enough to stand there on my own and try and get people to sign our petitions, not to mention donate.
and just as I was about to cry because I thought I'd have to call it off and all my efforts were in vaine, two more people who I didn't count on to attend where there. They helped me and suddenly we were five-later-to-be-four who ran the campaign. I was so happy and relieved, I didn't need to shed any tears (which I rarely do).

It was a success too for just being four and a small table. What fascinated me was how people seemed to have no clue about ECPAt and the current situation about child abusers/molesters, child trafficking and child prostitution around the globe. I mean; "what if it was your child?". So if you're just as untuned as them, please take a look at http://www.ecpat.com/ - it's an enlightener!

As for our baked goods; they sold and were quite popular. People even came to just donate money and/or just sign the petition. So we managed to gather 125 names which equals almost 6 pages. And we raised 2094sek for ECPAT Sweden. I'm so proud of us! I who was so nervous and hesitant two weeks ago, finally fixed it with tons of help from my Amnesty friends.

I was glad to hear how people wanted to join ECPAT's youth organization, and quite frankly I'd like to join it too. I think I'd be more engaged with that than Amnesty. Not that I think less of it, it's just that ECPAT has an issue which I get more aggrevated, passionate and ambitious about.
Just face it: Children can't stand on their own, they need someone to speak for them!


Dieses Mädchen freut sich!


This song randomely played on my iPod as I sat on the subway home after the campaign:

...fitting isn't it?