Samstag, Oktober 03, 2009

Liberty

There was once a guy I dated. Who I thought was perfect and who filled my criterias for an ideal guy.

There was once a time when I had a smile on my face and butterflies in my tummy, on a daily basis.
When that period ended, a new period with "what if's?" anguished me with disappointment instead.
During the latter period, there was a small period when I found peace and forgot - until I remembered yet again.

Although nothing that would've broken me down mentally happened, it's slightly strange how you can develop an affection for someone that is so deep, in a matter of short time and little actions.

It's not until today that I, for the first time, have actually becomed ashamed of myself for caring so much about someone who I really shouldn't have.
Ashamed for falling so easily, so publicly, so humiliatingly...

It's not until today that I finally realise; what a watse of time all my sitting, waiting, wishing has been.