Sonntag, Oktober 04, 2009

It was yesterday during my lunchhour, when I read my horoscope in the newspaper where it said; "Tomorrow will be a good day. Your plans might be changed and things might turn out chaotic, but in the end it will be a fantastic evening."

Today I had my pre-birthday dinner with my bestfriends at home. I was out hunting for an ingredient that was needed for making homemade ice-cream. Apparently it was nowhere to be found but I found it after a couple of hours.

My scheduled and planned day took a turn, which lead me to cook under timepressure. I was quite pleased with my composed menu.
Starters was a prawn and avocado sallad which was definitly my favourite. Maincourse was a French potatoesallad with salmon that was cooked inside a foil in the oven. Dessert was a sticky chocolate cake with homemade mint ice-cream and kiwisauce. I also added on some extra ornaments like olives filled with fetacheese, bread, hummus, some cocktail tomatoes and candy (attached with the dessert). I was lucky that the dishes turned out well although the ice-cream could be questioned...

The evening did indeed turn out well since I had spent it with my oldest and most cherished friends. It was a travel back in time to the good old days filled with laughter and joy!