Montag, April 09, 2012

Södra Sverige and Dänemark!

Svenska? English? Deutsch? English.


Nyhavn in Copenhagen. Beautiful!


So I never got around to writing a post about Malmö and Copenhagen. I will now because my brain is putting up a fight with studying for my Syntax exam after having watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

I had three days to do this trip. The first day was obviously in Malmö, where I visited Ivona - a dear friend of mine from high school. She's currently on her last semester of her BA Perfoming Arts (I think that's what the program is called...) and she plays the transverse flute. She's really good! All you classical musicians better watch out once she has graduated.

Malmö has never really been a city of my preference and I've always thought of it as a Swedish version of Sin City. so much crime going on down there! I know that that happens everywhere, but Malmö just seems to be the capital of crimes to me (it's the newspaper's fault baby!). As I was trying to look past that though, I did see the city for what it was - nice and cute. Maybe not the cutest city I've seen but it does have it's peaks.

My main reason for even going down south, was to get a hold of the pictures that Ivona had of us from last year. That was my first visit to Malmö and I was already then, wondering what bad stuff I would experience. Anyways, long story short: Ivona took some really good photos, lost her cable, her Mac Airbook doesn't even have an input for memory cards (wtf!!!), and I wanted those photos so badly that a year later I went to visit her and brought with my HP laptop in order to get a hold of them.

So we decided that since I was gonna be there for 3 days we might as well spend one full day in Copenhagen. The city is only a 20 minute train ride away! And we bought the Copenhagen card which made everything worth it. We went on a really nice sightseeing cruise and got some awesome pictures of most stuff. One of my favorite photos was of these boat houses in the middle of the sea/lake (whatever you'd wanna call it), mostly because it seems so typically Danish to me.

My favorite photo.


I have never really known why, but for some reason I have always underestimated the Danes when it comes to culture and art. It probably has to do with the fact that I am a Swede and it is in our blood to naturally look down on Norway and Denmark. Truth be told, they - well Denmark at least because I haven't been to Norway yet - is very nice, very cosy, and very rich in culture and art. I have actually found [one of] my favorite museum in the world: Ny-Carlsberg Glyptotek. My Lord, was it fantastic! The locations, the art, the sculptures, the paintings, but most of all the building - I fell in love. As you enter the actual start of the museum (not the lounge), you are greeted by a statue of a woman/mother with babies that are crawling all over her. It's a magnificent sculpture.


We managed to do a lot and see a lot in Copenhagen. For one day, I must say that I'm quite impressed with everything we saw. On the third day, my last day, Ivona and I took things easy and just slept in. Luckily, my train left at 5pm, which gave me more than enough time to just chill and pack everything. We walked around in the city, did some shopping before we had dinner and before I had to depart. Since it is Easter, we saw tons of eggs in the city. Not small ones, but large ones. All designed after things in Malmö or that can be associated with Malmö. Pretty neat, and pretty big.


Yeah... That should sum it all up.