This social network needs to end for me. I can't say that I hate facebook, nor I can say that I love it. It is simply a function for procrastination - and it is ruining my life right now. Well, perhaps not my life entirely but definitely my academic life. At the moment it is non-existent. How do I know that? Because I was supposed to work on my paper due tomorrow the whole day today and did nothing. My fingers refused to write on the Word Document I had open, ready to be written and sent to my professor, under Facebook. Damn you FB! (Same goes for Spotify and Skype...)
Okey, so it isn't Facebook's fault entirely (or spotify or Skype, Twitter, 9GAG, and so on and so on...) - I could be more disciplined. The thing is that there is always new things happening on FB; new updates, new pictures, new messages, new comments, etc. And we all turn into stalkers. Suddenly knowing what someone, who you used to go to school with 7 years ago, ate for breakfast got interesting. Suddenly seeing an old flame's new photos of him/her and their new beloved other is no longer you torturing yourself but instead getting yourself a good laugh because they "moved down the ladder and not up", or more likely you hating on them both because that old flame moved up the ladder and you are determined to find a 10 instead of his/her good and solid 8 to flaunt off. Facebook eventually even makes you think you know people well enough to start passing judgments, until you realize that "no, I just read every detail about their life that I 'accidentally' come across or that they post on their walls and info section" and embarrassingly notice that you are officially a "creepy stalker".
The worst thing about Facebook, however, is this: you commence to fail academic wise. Facebook will not save your ass when you drop out of college and you are unemployed. Instead that piece of news will be spreading like a virus on the news feed and that old flame of yours will definitely confirm that they climbed up the ladder ...way up.
Totally lost my roter Faden somewhere between the three paragraphs. Stupid chocolate cake...

