Was hab' ich gemacht?? Ja, ich war in Amsterdam! Toll!
Amsterdam. Has it's downsides, but has so many upsides (no, not talking about the coffeeshops or Red Light). I wasn't expecting much really. I'm just such a traveler, I want to explore and see places, be bewildered and gobsmacked by everything die Erde has to offer. I want to go back packing through the rest of Europe I haven't seen, sleep under bare night skies, walk along beaches, discover small sweet cities, FOOD CULTURE! Imagine all the things your palate hasn't discovered and touched and just completely devoured... Wow, I'm really getting off track!
Where was I? Right, Amsterdam. I really had low expectations, I wasn't prepared on falling in love with this city of canals. Everything so small and cosy, buildings' magnificent architecture, the sights, the vibes - I really fell in love.
I kept telling Mathilda that I wouldn't mind living there for a while. An apartment high up in a beautiful building, overlooking an idyllic canal with a quiet street. The dreams that came to me while walking through the city...
The top of the icing was Tuesday night when we went to a concert. Of course, I went to hear Modest Mouse. They are THE band, they hold all of my childhood memories, they're like my bread and wine. It was definitely a night I'd never forget. And I just keep on wanting to go back to it, all the time.
I really can't wait to be on the move to my next destination!

