Stockholm is really hot these days, at least this past week. Since I had myself some waxing I am finally able to wear nice summer clothes. So I picked a dress that I ordered for a month or two ago. Although the dress itself isn't super short nor long, I decided to wear my shorts under it. Unnoticed yet there.
When I arrive with the metro home and get off at my station, a man walks past me and tosses a comment. He tells me to pull down my dress because he found it too short. Adds on a "Can it get any shorter? Our religion doesn't like that." Then when he's on the escalators he keeps glancing back giving me abominating looks. Right...
Where to start? First off; it's warm like hell! I don't feel like covering up, hiding away from the sun and sweating myself to death. Second; I pick what I want to wear. Just because this vicinity has a majority of his religion, doesn't mean that their rules of religion apply to all of us. It doesn't even apply a vicinity, it applies you who practices it. Don't hassle me with it, I'm just another citizen with a different belief. Orka! Third; he should've been darn happy that I even wore shorts under this dress. Had it been shorter and no shorts under, then he would've caught a glimpse of my knickers. And that has got to be a hell-of-a-lot shorter than my dress really is. fourth; don't go "For the bible tells me so" on me with the whole abomination crap. Don't read in too deep in your religion. What we wear has nothing to do with our various beliefs. I don't think God cares about it, clothing has nothing to do with your morality and ethics. (Okay, I actually know a lot of people/religions who take clothing seriously - but that's basically saying "what counts is what's on the outside".)
Old man(!), You are not my father. You are not my mother. You are not my stylist or anything similar. You are not entitled to address this comment to me, only keep it to yourself.
I will continue to wear my dress with joy and keep my shorts under. Screw you.

