Samstag, Oktober 13, 2012

Happy 22!

I have intended to write a post about my birthday that occurred last Tuesday (the 9th Oct.) but never got around to it. Everyone has asked me how it feels and really, I have felt nothing. No bigger change and I guess that is what it is like nowadays. However, I guess I am quite excited about being 22. From what I have heard it is supposed to be a good age - that's what Matilda and Helen told me today.

Now let me take a leap forward and tell you all about my Friday night. I expected to meet Mathilda (note that this is not the same Mathilda as the one I mentioned previously! And their names are not spelled the same.) in town. Little did I know, that she was never going to show up, and stubbornly I stayed put at the central station waiting for her and ordered a semi-dinner and wrote a motivational letter for Munich. We were supposed to meet up with Helen for Fredagsmys or as I thought; a night out in town not clubbing. Mathilda insisted that I leave for Helen's while Helen was trying to lure me to hers with cake. Yet I stayed stubborn and put at the station, with my wrap. Then eventually Mathilda called and gave me some story (which I know see as surreal) and which eventually made me make up my mind and head for Helen's. As I arrive Helen was all dressed up, to which I commented, and we rode the elevator up to her floor. Now, it is a bit important to know that I needed to go to the bathroom quite badly. I expected us to stop by Helen's room but she sort of pushed me forward towards the kitchen saying that she had forgotten her keys in there. I opened the kitchen door and waited for her to go get them but then she just shoved me in and I thought "geez! wonder why I need to go in to? and I need to go to the bathroom". Then suddenly I enter and sort of greet a girl who lives on the same floor, look to my right and see Sofia and thought to myself "what is she doing here?". Helen nudges me towards the room next door and voila! there are my closest friends all gathered to surprise me for my birthday!!! How awesome isn't that!? Such sweet people and I was basically in shock. I even thought that I was dreaming and was wondering how three different circle of friends could all stand in the same room and act as if they've known each other for as long as I've known them. You can't find better friends than these. I was at loss for words. At one point I even got a bit teary-eyed. Then I even cursed the semi-dinner I bought, haha. And as if a two-course dinner with dessert wasn't enough, I even got presents! Pretty much unbelievable. The best friends ever, and the only person missing there was Mathilda. It was amazing and I never would have imagined throwing me a surprise party. With that I would like to give some special thanks to Helen for being the most awesome friend ever. She means so much to me.

Since I have been in a bit of a bad mood, well maybe not bad but a sad mood, this was definitely a good pick-up! Knowing that your friends care so much to go this far for you is simply beyond words. And therefor I'd like to finish with Florence who (subconsciously) for this age is the soundtrack of my life.






Happy 22!
May every aspect in life get better with age.