Somehow, after all the crap I've also entered a period of... guys.
Not that I've never seen guys before, it's just all of a sudden there's about 3 guys making a move on me... at the same time.
Very flattering and very odd to me. But where did you come from?
Either way, I'm a mentor to three exchange students at University. Two I actually speak to since the third is apparently doing well on his own and doesn't need my help or want friendship - appreciated? Can be discussed.
One that I do speak with more than the other two (or should I say one) apparently has a form of crush on me. Flattering, but let's not forget: I'm his mentor. Not that I think there are rules about not dating your "mentee", but he's not even my type. He doesn't interest me in that way and I see him merely as a friend. Well sort of, probably only for the period of time when he's here since he has a very disruptive mind. His views on certain aspects are very, and I mean very, demeaning.
So my friend, or two friends, finds it good to pour some fuel on the fire. Meaning that they will encourage him with thoughts that I possibly am interested, although he himself has gotten the picture very early on - quoting him: "I don't think she's interested in me". Right said Roger! I'm not. Alas, my friends have found ways to make him hope and I suppose he's trying. Last conversation he managed to hatch out "Out of all the girls I've met so far, you are the most amazing girl I've met".
The thought of my friends is then to build up his confidence, encourage him to the max, for me to break him down. Mean? Yes. Incredibly - and I'm not participating. He already knows that I'm not interested in him, so he should be smart enough to not do it.
What triggered this was because of what he called my friend. He basically found it okay to call her a slut. Not okay at all! And he also mentions how he never fails in anything he does. But I'm one baby he will fail... if he tries!
When it comes to these unfair happenings, isn't the point then to strive to be the better person?

